Top 10 Benefits
- Available 24hours and at short notice
- FREE advice and assistance at the police station
- Recognised as leaders in our specialist areas
- Complex case specialists
- Members of the VHCC panel
- Free Legal Aid available for Court representation
- Case against you and the relevant law explained in plain English
- All defence avenues explored
- Over 25 years experience allows us a caring & understanding approach to criminal cases
- 100’s of satisfied clients
O’Garra’s is one of the few firms nationally that have the expertise to deal with prosecutions brought against individuals, charities and rescue centres who deal with the issue of animal welfare, suitable living conditions and the needs of animals generally.
We have experience in dealing all types of cases involving cats, dogs, equines, monkeys, crocodiles, parrots and greyhounds. The Animal Welfare Act and the relatively new law it imposes is still developing. The legislation requires owners to do all that is reasonable to provide for the welfare of animals in their care.
We can advise at an early stage in a case, perhaps at the stage of a visit from the RSPCA or the police. We can attend at short notice and advise and assist with the interviews and subsequent investigation. In most cases the RSPCA seek a Banning Order of Deprivation Order in relation to an animal together with costs of the investigation and boarding. We have experience in fighting these cases on behalf of many satisfied clients. Throughout the years of conducting this specialist type of work we have developed contacts with different animal experts to assist in all such cases. We will advise on costs and funding your case.
Free representation may be available at the police station and Legal Aid by way of Representation Order may cover the costs of any subsequent Court proceedings.
For more information please contact us using the call back form or contact page